Monday 10 August 2009

Pure Gold

We've just been looking after our little grandson for a couple of days and he really is delightful. There are not many people who laugh at all my jokes.
Although he is only one and a half he has already appeared in one of my paintings.
' Minglelands' is about my daughter and son-in-law getting married. I portrayed them in the painting as shapes of land, symbolising the possessions they brought to the relationship. I used land in Great Shelford and Stapleford, the two villages the couple come from and where the shapes overlap in the painting, this represents their union.
However, while I was doing the piece, Barnaby was born. I decided to represent him with fragments of gold leaf, because thats what he is, pure gold

Will write again soon Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment