Monday 12 October 2009

Is This What Fame is Like?

Hi On Saturday I attended the Muffin the Mule Members Day. I had become involved with this interesting bunch of people when I started researching Muffin as an icon of the 1950's for a painting I was doing about my brother, David, 16 years ago. At the time I had travelled to Budleigh Solterton to meet Ann Hogarth and make drawings of all the origional Muffin puppets. I made 11 drawings in five and a half hours! Four of these had been made into postcards to celebrate ten years of the club's existance and to my surprise I was asked by individual members to sign all their cards! The other person signing cards was the puppeteer who manipulated Zippy in Rainbow (he was also working Muffin) so I felt important for a brief moment! Best Wishes Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment