Friday 31 January 2014

A Watery Tale

As I was  watching a really good Clint Eastward film at the Old Palace the other evening, I was blissfully unaware of the drama unfolding at home.
 Hazel was battling with a burst pipe and had water pouring down into the living room. She tried heroically to brush the water off my pictures, while the plumber turned it off at  the mains .
The painting most at risk was 'Limners' - a picture about the 37 days of Christmas (you can hear all about it in the radio section of my NEWS AND REVIEWS page of the website).
I had just closed all the doors on the painting  (there are 37!) now that Christmas was over and I planned  to open them again, when Ted Coney's Family Portraits reopens at the end of April.
As we have now got the humidifiers in,  I have had to open them again, to make sure there is no moisture trapped , between the doors and the paintings.
In other galleries, they often have small, quiet humidifiers around, but these are large, noisy, industrial ones.
We shall be glad to get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment