Thursday 10 July 2014

Tour de Ely

To celebrate the  Tour de France, I took my bike to Aquafest last Sunday and parked it near the river. As it displays one of my Ted Coney's Family Portraits posters, it's  another way of advertising the gallery.
 I was quite near the Ely Cycling Club display and I think they were impressed (or thought I was a mad, old fool) when I told them about my epic 800 mile cycle ride on my 1940 bike to Scotland, ten years ago. You can see the painting 'Diamond Sutra' I made as a result of the trip, if you scroll down to April 2010 in the Reviews and Articles section on the NEWS AND REVIEWS page of my website. If you want to see me on the bike, scroll down even further to June 2004.
On Tuesday I went into Cambridge to get the bike serviced and cycled part of the route that the Tour de France had done on the previous day. I saw the stands but the crowds had gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment