Thursday 28 August 2014

Being Professional

I've just asked Daniel to add the information about studying Painting and Printmaking at
Bath Academy of Art in the 1960s, to the Home page of my website.
It seems obvious now that it should be included, but I hadn't really thought about it, until recently.
Having my Retrospective at the Babylon Gallery has given me a taste for pushing the work to a wider audience.
 I have decided to try and get another exhibition  within the next ten years (80th birthday party?). It won't be easy, because as I don't sell my paintings,  I can't approach a commercial gallery.
As I intend to  refer to the website, to any Curator's I approach, it seems only right that I should have something in about my early training.
I've already had a very nice letter of refusal from the director of the Fitzwilliam Museum, but that was before we put this information in.
 Maybe I'll try him again in a few years time.

No comments:

Post a Comment