Sunday 5 October 2014

Drove On

A few weeks ago I did a charity ride on my old 1940 bicycle raising money for MAGPAS. I cycled 40 miles in a day, along the Ouse Washes and across the Fens.
This is a very flat, exposed part of the country and I did have a head wind for most of the way. However, I am very fond of this part of the world and I got to thinking, while battling against the elements what a great area it would be to do more research on.
In the past, I have used journeys on my bike as metaphors for ideas about family life. For instance:
'Diamond Sutra', 'The Enigma of the Chinese Mask' and ' Snow Angels and No Angels'  (the latter two can be seen on my PRINTS FOR SALE page) all had their starting points in real journeys.
I am quite interested in the 'Droves' and what all their  different names mean, but this is something to be investigated at a much later date.
 I still have 'The Rathomon Effect 'to finish and then two more paintings to work on, after that. Thinking about it, did keep me going though, when my legs where beginning to fail.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment