Tuesday 19 July 2016

French Connection

When I first conceived the idea of Ted Coney's Family Portraits eight years ago, I had the notion of doing three tours a day, with a fifteen minute break between each one.
That very quickly morphed into the model I use today, which is giving one tour only and letting the visitors have as much time as they need to look around and ask questions (and sometimes buy a postcard or tour guide!)
However, on the hottest day of the year so far, I agreed to give three tours to a group of French teenagers, yesterday. As they were rotating between me, The Babylon Gallery and Waterside Antiques, I think they were as exhausted as I was by the end. We started at 2pm and finished at 5pm.
Did they enjoy it? Well I guess, as much as any young person could in the circumstances, given that they would rather have been beside a pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment