Friday 18 December 2009

A Christmas Blog

It's thick snow outside and I am really enjoying opening my painting ' Limners' for the first time over the Christmas season, since coming to Ely three years ago. The painting is set out like an advent calendar with tiny double doors to cover each image. Only, there is 37 paintings! the 24 days of Advent, the day itself, and the 12 days of Christmas. I made the painting about 20 years ago, so I am reminded of the things we used to do each time I open a door. Today, it was a painting of a punchbowl (where did that get to?) and glasses, to represent the carol party we used to organise for many years. The children all used to bring musical instruments to play off tune carols while the adults would sing and drink mulled wine. Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment