Saturday 4 September 2010

The Shepherd's Dream

The Sunday Times Home section had this interesting article on shepherd's huts last week. They look like gipsey caravans and are on wheels. People now use them as dens, offices, studios etc. though Shepherds did actually sleep in them during the lambing season during 19th and early 20th centuries, apparently. Anyway, in my long term strategy to make
Ted Coney's Family Portraits bigger over the next 20 years (I need more space for my ever growing collection of paintings) this gave me a third idea of how to acheive it. My first two involve extending into the loft and buying a room from front house but this idea is cleverer yet.It is true, I still need to make the garden a bit bigger, but wouldn't it be wonderful to have my studio in a shepherds hut? My current studio could then become an extra gallery space for finished paintings. I could also have a folding daybed in there, another little dream of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment