Monday 16 May 2011

Over Complicated and Over Here

Yesterday, I had a charming family from Sweden booked into Ted Coney's Family Portraits. Parents and three well behaved and jolly daughters. I planned carefully beforehand and thought long and hard what I would show them. I chose 'Journeys' as the theme of my tour and started with the 'Snow Angels and No Angels' series, so the girls could see the paintings as they went through the house.Ofcourse I showed them the Morris Minor before they came in, so I could refer to it when we looked at 'Grand Tours' and 'Golden Jubilee Ride' which both feature the said car. I also talked about 'Young Lives' because I knew they could identify with Thomas the Tank Engine, which ofcourse, appears in the painting.
I had also blacked out the room, so that when the family entered, they would see both the dolls house and puppet theatre lit up and shown off in all their glory.
I also introduced then to Muffin the Mule and Mr Turnip and I fear at that point I may have lost them slightly. In my enthusiasm to do a good show I may have over complicated matters. A thing to remember, the next time I have any young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment