Saturday 13 August 2011

Doing One's Best

Living up to my new slogan 'Ely's First Pop-Up Gallery', I took a booking for
Ted Coney's Family Portraits on a Friday, to celebrate my new flexible approach. I was aware that there would be a seven year old girl in the group, so I made every effort to ensure that I found the paintings and related objects which might interest her. Even though I showed Muffin the Mule, Mr. Turnip and Thomas the Tank Engine, these failed to delight. Although I put on the lights of the dolls house and puppet theatre as they entered a darkened room, it did not spark much interest . Perhaps visiting the Cathedral and all those tedious shops that grown-ups love, beforehand, just proved to much and I was the straw that broke the camels back.
Or perhaps I was just a boring old fart?

No comments:

Post a Comment