Wednesday 26 October 2011

Not Going To The Ball

Followers of my blog may remember that earlier this month I was short listed for a Business Award by Standard newspapers in their Innovation catergory for Ted Coney's Family Portraits.
They had even sent me two tickets for their Bafta style dinner at Ely Cathedral, where the results would be announced. Well now we are not going! I got a call to say that the sponcers had pulled out of the award I was up for, so now the catergory for Innovation had been withdrawn. I never really expected to win and I was even practising the sort of expression I would put on when the results were announced, but it is still a bit disappointing. However, you will be pleased to hear that I am already going in for another award - Visit England , which is more national . As I have the proof on paper, I feel I can still put down ' short listed for Business Awad' in the awards section of the new submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment