Monday 2 January 2012

An Arty Day

Between Christmas and New Year I had one day to catch up on my painting. I worked on
 'Dear Reginald Owen' for a while (yes, it is still not finished) disolving one form into another by using opaque and translucent paint. I kept laying out all six canvases on the floor of the studio to see how they looked together and trying to decide what to do next. I glazed over the sky one more time and suddenly I knew - it was finished! (that is, until I look at it again tomorrow)
I then put out my model of Ely Cathedral to make some sketches in preparation for my next painting,
 'Another Year'. I drew, using a spotlight to light the model, because I want to echo what I had already done from the real thing - showing the building at dawn and dusk, but from very different angles. I did two rather mediochre drawings in charcoal and pencil but then got lured away to watch the two programmes I had missed over Christmas, 'Outnumbered' and 'Downton Abbey' before they disapeared from BBC Eyeplayer etc.   Happy New Year, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment