Saturday 8 September 2012

Quacks and Cracks

This week we have had one of the builders in from next door to fill the cracks in our walls. They wern't serious but it was all part of an agreement we had with the new owner, Mike, that once all the work had been finished he would tidy things up at our side. Naturally, I am disapointed not to have been able to buy part of the adjacent property to expand Ted Coney's Family Portraits, but there is still the land around the back, so am still hopeful.
Anyway, the plasterer came and we carefully took down two big pictures, so he could do the business.
And the quacks? I'm afraid I have been in the news again, though not of my making. There is an new exhibition at the Babylon Gallery all about Ducks and I was interviewed by the artist, who wanted to get local oppinions on them. I happened to say that I often talk to the ducks as I cycle by and she seemed keen to having me repeat it on film. This now appears on the ADEC website and probably  in the exhibition as well. I fully expect the next time I am quoted in the papers, it will say 'The mad Ely artist, Ted Coney'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment