Friday 18 January 2013

A Lovely Idea

Christine, the gallery coordinator at the Babylon Gallery did one of the tours at
Ted Coney's Family Portraits before it closed for the winter in December. Alongside her job she is taking a curating course at Norwich University. Last week she told me she would like to curate a retrospective of my work for the gallery next year! As I will be 70 then, it seemed like a brilliant time to have a show. I am not getting too excited though, as Christine would have to find the funding from somewhere, (about £2,000) as the Babylon Gallery gets no outside money of it's own. Also, Christine may leave, the gallery may close and I may die. Still, it's a nice thought to keep me going over these long winter months, while I'm painting in my tiny (cold) studio.  

No comments:

Post a Comment