Friday 29 March 2013

Display Of A Different Kind

Readers of my blog may remember the fun I had  when I took part in the Celebration of Business exhibition in Ely Cathedral last year. As part of my Ted Coney's Family Portraits display I exhibited my 1931 Morris Minor, which resulted in the car breaking down inside the Cathedral! Well, this year I'm going for a less ostentatious affair with the central part of the display being my latest painting
'Another Year'. Although this painting is about four female members of the family, the central image is of Ely Cathedral at different times of day, so I thought it most appropriate for the exhibition. As one can now buy prints of this picture from UKPHOTOGALLERY I have written to the Dean and Chapter with an offer. I said I was willing to donate all my commission on every print sold, if they agreed to display the painting for a few months. Well, it is a business exhibition! However, the Dean may not think the painting is appropriate (though it is about birth and death), so I am not getting to excited. The painting is back from the framers now and I am sorting out what information to put on each of the display panels which accompany it. As my pop-up gallery opens a week later, I thought this exhibition would be a good curtain raiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment