Friday 13 January 2017

Postcard From Sooty

One of my Christmas presents was a postcard featuring the glove puppet, Sooty. The card had been enlarged from a stamp to commemorate 50 years of Children's T.V. in 1996.
Yve had spotted it as she knew I would want to display it in the 'Sooty Pyramid', as part of my
 Ted Coney's Family Portraits exhibition.
The Pyramid looks almost like an art installation in its own right but  infact  is source material for one of my paintings, entitled 'Offrenda'. The painting was made several years ago, to celebrate my mother's life..
I used Sooty, Sweep and Soo (Sooty's two friends) for the painting to represent my eldest brother, Richard and my parents, whom I felt had a similar relationship to the Sooty creators, Harry and Marjorie Corbett and their son Matthew. They loved each other had but had a rather tense relationship.
You can see the painting in the PRINTS FOR SALE page on my website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment