Friday 10 March 2017

New and Old Styles

When I am publicising my pop-up gallery - Ted Coney's Family Portraits, I try to spend as little as possible on advertising. If it is free, even better.
For the last three weeks I have noticed that this weekly blog, which is also on my Facebook page reached over 140 people for three consecutive weeks. Before that it averaged about ten people a week. Hopefully, some  will visit when I reopen in late April
As well as the power social media to spread the word, I also use old style advertising because it can be just as effective in a more personal way.
For example, I attach one of my posters to my 1940 bicycle which is seen around Ely and when I travel back and forth to Cambridge on the train, for work.
I do get some quizzical looks, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment