Thursday 6 July 2017

Centre Stage

I polished the brass surround of the windscreen on my 1931 Morris Minor until it shone. It's always amazing  how this makes the whole car look clean.
This was in readiness for the next tour of Ted Coney's Family Portraits but also for it's appearance at a local festival a few days later.
On a tour of the house, after seeing  the Morris,  I also pointed out the painting 'Golden Jubilee Ride', where the car appears in all six pictures.
One of the visitors asked if he could photograph the Morris and ofcourse I agreed.
A couple of days later at Aquafest,  by allowing people to take photographs of themselves with the Morris I was able to make some money for charity. I saw the same couple again who had been on  my tour and  they wanted another photo of the car but this time with me.
Afterwards, I was glad to get home safely, as two years ago the Morris had failed to start and I had to call the A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment