Wednesday 26 September 2018

Who Stole The Toothpaste ?

' Who Stole The Toothpaste ? '. That could be the title of my next painting which I am currently researching.
It's about an ancestor of mine who owned a large pharmaceutical company in the early 1900s which made him a millionaire. As he had no children, it was left to nephews who bled it dry and the family fortune was lost.
I have a picture of one of the items sold - a circular, ceramic toothpaste container which I have enlarged  to provide a backdrop for some images which will be overlaid onto it (more on that, next week)
Infact, I have already ordered a circular canvas and am experimenting with the lettering which will go around the edge.
' Burgoyne, Burbidges and Company - for preserving and beautifying the teeth'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment