Wednesday 14 August 2019

Farewell, Mr. Taxman

I've just filed my tax form and as I always do, showed it to a member of the tax department before posting. This is a little know service by which I visit the local jobcentre and meet with a tax expert there. They are always unfailingly helpful and often point out ways of saving money.
 No need to employ an accountant!
This years form showed only the last of my teaching salary and my earnings from
 Ted Coney's Family Portraits.
It was pointed out to me that I no longer need to file a return from next year as the earnings from my pop-up gallery are under £1,000.
It's certainly true that what I make from gallery admissions, talks and sales from cards, prints, tour guides and preliminary canvases don't make nearly that amount.
Maybe I should start selling the final paintings one day?!

No comments:

Post a Comment