Friday 3 September 2021

A True Confession

 I wrote an article in 2009 entitled 'A True Confession' (you can still read it if you scroll down the NEWS AND REVIEWS page of my website).

This was about a marionette I had been captivated by called Mr Turnip on T.V. in the 1950s. I later went on to use the puppet as a symbol for my childhood in a painting called 'Diamonds'

Recently I was contacted by a guy in Lincolnshire who had read the article and wanted to know more. It turns out he is writing a book about Turnip's creator Joy Laurey, whom I had met on several occasions while researching for the painting.

We had a very interesting morning together and I hope what I was able to show him (letters, photographs, drawings etc.) was useful. He is hoping for the book to come out later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment