Saturday 21 September 2013

Don't Phone Me

I am in the process of putting up an exhibition in a phone box in Prickwillow. I am using the opportunity to advertise Ted Coney's Family Portraits (of course) and have centred my display around a print of my painting 'Another Year', as I thought the image of Ely Cathedral would have  local appeal. Luckily, I also had some prints of different stages of the painting, so I have put those in there, too.
Of course, putting a display in a phone box was a challenge in itself, and as I write, it may all have fallen down and look a complete mess. Anyway, I hope to go back on Monday to finish it, so I will see how it has survived. One of the things I forgot to take, was a picture of Ely Cathedral, so I could piece together the model which we painstakingly made for reference, when I was doing the painting.
At the moment it looks a very funny looking cathedral, sitting at the bottom of the phone box.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment