Thursday 12 September 2013

I Spy

The only thing  I have left belonging to my grandmother is a small magnifying glass on a long gold chain (you can see a drawing I made of it on the UKPHOTGALLERY website which is linked to my PRINTS FOR SALE page).My grandmother often wore it  and I want to use it in my next painting 'The Rashomon Effect' to represent her. The only photograph I had, where I was convinced she would be wearing it, was a rather faded image, making it difficult to see any details.
However, as luck would have it, I discovered the same picture in slide form, from which the paper version must have come, many years ago.
I took the slide to our local photography shop and they were able to enlarge the image. Hey presto! There was the magnifying glass looking resplendent on my grandmother's person. I can now show this to visitors when explaining  my ideas behind the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment