Friday 2 October 2020

Chinese Whispers

 My painting 'Who Stole The Toothpaste?' has been framed. Normally I would have gone into Cambridge to discuss the colour but all that had to be done over the phone. I suggested 'a toady green' for the frame to one of the staff as Mr Toad (from The Wind in the Willows') is central to the painting.

This apparently got changed into 'a turdy green' by the time it got through to Rita who does the colouring. Anyway, it looks fine to me and you can see the results if you google my news story in the Ely Standard or Spotted in Ely this week. I'm using it to further my quest to make money for the NHS Charities Together appeal through sales of my Virtual Tour, preliminary studies and a gift card featuring a drawing of my 1931 Morris Minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment