Monday 23 May 2022

In Need Of A Plan

 I woke at 5am last Saturday  wondering what I was going to do to my current painting 'Dreamtime' while I was working  at Haddenham Arts Centre as their Artist in Residence, later that day.

In truth I had got a bit stuck (this is normal and doesn't matter unless you are appearing in front of lots of people!) and wasn't sure where to go next.

I decided to stay calm and really THINK what I would physically do - as I knew I couldn't just stand there  for six hours! 

Having painted the disintegrating theatres over the top of the landscape, the next step was to    make the background more integrated.  I started the day by working on top of a large pencil sketch (based on drawings and photographs of my cycle ride to Wicken Fen). This helped to calm my nerves but also reacquaint me with this part of the design. 

By the end of the day I was beginning to feel more in control again. Phew!



No comments:

Post a Comment