Monday 5 July 2010

All in a Good Cause

I am getting involved with the London 2012 Open Weekend events again this year, which are all part of the Cultural Olympiad. I will be opening Ted Coney's Family Portraits on Sunday 25th July as usual but instead of the usual tours I will be offering a family quiz based on the paintings, objects and photos found in the house. Tickets will be 50p per family member and all proceeds will go to Teenage Cancer Trust (which is the same charity I helped £3,000 for with our cycle ride to Scotland a few years ago) Each family will be given 25 minutes to complete the quiz and although there is no prize, I am hoping visitors will enjoy looking for clues and maybe come back again for a proper tour (you never know!)
Sample Question to wet your appetite: In the painting 'Golden Jubilee Ride', what famous artist influenced Ted's choice of landscape?

No comments:

Post a Comment