Sunday 18 July 2010

A Postcard from Cornwall

It's been nice to forget all about Ted Coney's Family Portraits and my current painting for a while. We have been on holiday to Crackington Haven in Cornwall recently. As well as reading, walking, eating chips (well, trying not to!) and drinking wine, I 've been doing some drawing of the local sites. The rock formations are amazing and I've been trying to draw the patterns and textures. I also made a study of the Sesile oak tree which is prevalent around north Cornwall. It supports ferns, lichens and mosses on its bare branches, so maybe the symbolism of something strong helping other forms of life, made me decide that I wanted to record it. Perhaps I havn't quite forgotten about family portraits after all! Will write again soon Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment