Saturday 23 February 2019

Not So Open

I first opened our house to the public thirty five years ago, even before the official Open Studio scheme in Cambridge was born. I did it three times over the years and  the idea for
 Ted Coney's Family Portraits  gradually developed.
 Giving tours rather than let the public wander around seemed sensible because  my paintings often needed some explanation.
However, I had the idea that this July I might try Open Studio again (as well as tours at different times) to encourage more people to visit.
I also hoped it might be a good opportunity to sell a new batch of preliminary canvases.
I studied the Open Studio website and was about to rejoin when I realised I had missed the deadline!
So I won't be doing Open Studios in July 2019 but maybe 2020.
 My tours should be restarting in late April though - date to be announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment