Tuesday 27 October 2009

The Trouble with Wind

Disaster! I had put my A-board out as usual for Ted Coney's Family Portraits on Sunday morning and chained it to a handy post at the end of our track. I noticed it was a bit windy but hadn't realised how severe it had become. The next thing I knew, was a neighbour telling me that the board had blown over. How could it?' I replied, 'It's chained to a post'.
When I got there, I could see what had happened. The gails had renched the metal folding bar off the side and then the A-board had indeed blown over. Oh dear, does any one have a pot rivet gun?
On a happier note, my lovely nephew, George, who was staying with us, asked if he could join one of the tours. He is the first member of the family to do that and I think his comments and questions added to the experience for the other visitors. Bye for now Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment