Thursday 18 November 2010

A Mangled Story

I was very grateful to the Weekly News for doing a photo (yes, I am in the papers again!) and press story about Ted Coney's Family Portraits closing for the winter on 12th December. It was intended to drum up a bit more trade before the end of the season. Although I sent a press release, stating exactly what I was up to, the story in the newspaper bore no relation to what I had sent!! I mentioned the closure and to add a bit of spice (and to make a good photo oppotunity) I included some information about my painting 'David's Journey' in which I explained that my brother was represented by Muffin the Mule going through a labryth of mirrors. I foolishly also mentioned that the lecture about my work 'On the Edge' would still be available even though the house was closed. Needless to say this got muddled together and it appears I am doing a special ehibition on 12th December entitled On The Edge!! They say all publicity is good publicity, but in this case we shall have to wait and see.
(You will be able to read the my version of the press story on the REVIEWS section of my web-site when it is posted)

No comments:

Post a Comment