Monday 3 October 2011

My Educational Inititive

With my background in Art teaching, I have often thought it would be great to help young people get more out of the ideas behind my painting and see how I had used artist's and other cultural references to develop my work. With this in mind, I wrote to eight schools last week, inviting them to visit Ted Coney's Family Portraits sometime. While I cannot compete with Tate Modern (or even the Fitzwilliam Museum!) maybe the fact that the collection is small and the artist is in attendence (!) might offer something different. I have also sent them a list of possible starting points, which are connected to my work, to help teachers see how they might want to use the collection - and I'll get these connected to my website soon. No takers yet (ofcourse I know teachers are very busy people) but I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment