Friday 12 May 2017

Sketching Sebastian

I made drawings of my own children after they were born and some of these images made their way into final paintings such as 'Ghosts' (Yve), 'Lifeline To Leo' and 'Max's Diary'.
Although I also made sketches of my first grandchildren, Barnaby and Poppy, by this time the paintings were using other means of presenting  ideas about the family.
With Barnaby it was a thin slither of gold leaf in my picture 'Minglelands' and Poppy appeared as dawn light in 'Another Year'.
It was a great privilege to be sketching my new grandson, Sebastian last week and I am sure I will mark his birth in some way, eventually. When Max told me he had cut the umbilical cord, ideas started to gather.
You can see all these paintings when you next book a tour at Ted Coney's Family Portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment