Thursday 20 June 2019

A Black Mark

With over a 1,000 hits on Facebook, radio and TV coverage and 161 visitors over  two days, I was tempted to feel that my residency in Ely Courthouse was going really well.
However, the Mayor of Ely arrived in all his robes and chain of office and disaster struck.
I  put a little oil paint  on my palette as I thought that if I had a dull moment I could do a bit of painting. I never did, because there was a constant steam of visitors  to explain what my picture - ' Who Stole The Toothpaste ? ' was all about.
Unfortunately, The Mayor must have draped his robe over the paint because to my horror he had black on the bright yellow edging. I quickly gave the Mayoress some loo role and turps substitute and hoped she would get rid of it.
When I last saw them, she had made it much worse by rubbing it into an even bigger splodge. I felt very bad because the Mayor (a lovely man) had been my chief supporter in the beginning, when I  broached the idea of showing how I had used the Courthouse in my painting .

No comments:

Post a Comment