Thursday 21 November 2019

All That Glitters

I've been experimenting recently with gold leaf for my new painting 'The Wasp and the Ring' and have been trying out various materials.
I had some  real gold leaf left over from another painting where I wanted to represent the birth of my  grandson with something precious. In that picture I only used a few rough scraps, whereas in the new one I need it to be perfectly flat to represent the wedding ring .
I've also been trying metal leaf but still wasn't satisfied with the way the bits  joined together.
I rang my framer, Jonathan and went over for a masterclass to see how it is really done. They gave me some other metal  to practise with and I certainly like this different gold colour .
  It's a much warmer shade, which I think will go better with the rest of the colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment