Wednesday 30 March 2022

The Curious Tale Of Peter The Pup - part 2

 I wanted my own version of Peter the Pup to display in my pop-up gallery so I asked a puppet maker (who'd made Muffin puppets for me before,) to create one. Although I payed upfront I never received it, after claims that the marionette had got lost in the post.

About ten years later I asked another craftsman to have a go, though I didn't know he'd been ill and was also moving house. He sent me a dog puppet but it wasn't really Peter the Pup, but when I found out the circumstances I didn't  bother him again.

In 2020, knowing that I wanted to make drawings  for a new painting (Dreamtime) I tried unsuccessfully to make my puppet look more like Peter, by changing his colour and adding bigger feet.

Hearing that my second puppet maker had recovered, I contacted him again for help. This time he was able to work from photographs and drawings of the original.  I think he captured the pup, spot on.

You can see the result on my latest Facebook and Instagram posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment