Thursday 29 September 2022

Dress Appropriately

 I taught art in schools and colleges for fifty two years and its nearly sixty years since I was a student at Bath Academy of Art. In those days art schools were very independent and often awarded their own certificates and diplomas.

So it was with great surprise that I found myself being awarded an honorary degree (BA) this summer for services to art education by Bath Spa University.

We were told the ceremony would be very informal and as it was very hot, I took them at their word and turned up in shorts and sandals.

It  was lovely to see everyone (most looking as young as ever) and great fun to dress up in robes and

mortarboards - if only for a few moments.

You can see a picture of me on my latest Facebook and Instagram posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment