Friday 5 May 2023

Power Of Advertising

 I've had a poster advertising my pop-up gallery on my 1940 bicycle ever since I opened over ten years ago.

 I use the bike nearly every day and occasionally get asked about the poster by curious bystanders. It happened recently on a train going to Cambridge. I'd noticed two other cyclists staring at it as we all stood by our bikes and then they began to ask me questions.

Have they since booked a trip to the gallery? Not yet, though the encounter happened during the period I was closed.

I put a photo of my old bike and the poster on my Instagram and Facebook posts yesterday and to date I've had 500 Facebook viewings. Normally I get about 20/30.

And the moral of this tale is? Try old as well as new methods of advertising. Someone will eventually notice you.

No comments:

Post a Comment