Saturday 7 August 2010

Very Taxing

On Friday, I finally finished my tax form and sent it off - what a relief! It was made more complicated by my declaring the trading of Ted Coney's Family Portraits for the first time. I had an interview with a young man in the tax office before filling in the form and he said he had never seen anything like it. He was very perplexed by my assets such as the Sooty Piramid and the puppet theatre and the fact that I wanted to put the Morris Minor, not under transport, but as an object to be seen along side the paintings in the gallery. Luckily, I had taken some photos to show him of my work, so he could see that I wasn't a complete nutter. After several telephone calls it was confirmed that I could set all my assets I had been aquiring over the last six years to set against tax on the first year I have been open. I did seem to have made a ludicrously small amount compared to what I have spent. Ah well, maybe I shall start to make a profit eventually. Anyway, I shouldn't be a bit surprised if I get the tax form back, asking for more clarification!

No comments:

Post a Comment