Sunday 20 March 2011

On the edge about 'On the Edge'

I devised a lecture about my work several years ago entitled On The Edge which I have played to packed houses in such places as the Custard Factory, Birmingham and the Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester. Although it has it's own page on Ted Coney's Family Portraits website, lately I have not been asked to give it. I decided as one of the stratagies to get the gallery known, I would advertise the lecture in the Women's Institute handbook. Hey Presto! I have my first booking- at Mepal Friendship Club. I am a little nervous, but hopefully if it is a success it may draw more people to visit me. I am also apprehensive about driving the seven miles to Mepal. I hope to go in the Morris Minor but have still not got it back yet from it's respray job. Watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment