Monday 23 July 2012

Art Club

We've just been on holiday with my grandson, Barnaby and family. Barnaby is four years old and great fun. Every morning after breakfast we worked in our sketchbooks - I had brought an old one of mine for him to use. Each day I introduced new art materials and let him experiment. I called it Art Club and after the first session I waited for him to request it again. While the rest of the grown-ups got ready for the day (cycling , swimming, beach games etc.) he worked attentively on some new idea or observation. What I hadn't expected was that he would want yesterdays materials as well as the new ones. In the end he had soft pastels, pencil crayons, watercolour, stumps, rubber pencils, graphite, collage - talk about mixed media!!! So, a different kind of family portraits this week - but very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment