Saturday 28 July 2012

Love That Dares

I've been working on preliminary sketches for my next painting this week. After a 20 year gap I am going to be using Muffin the Mule and his  friends again. I first used Muffin for a painting called 'David's Journey' (which you can read about on the News and Reviews page on my website) but now needed animals again after seeing an exhibition about Charles Darwin and his theories.
Leo had been asking me for years, when was I going to do another painting about him (my last painting recorded his birth -  'Lifeline To Leo') and I always replied that he needed to do something  amazing first. When he announced several years ago that he was gay and had found a wonderful partner in Paul, I felt very proud of him. I hope my painting will do him justice and over the next year you will be able to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment