Friday 28 December 2012

The Fourth Hook

About seven years ago I ordered a puppet dog to use in one of my paintings, but for various reasons it never arrived. Last year I switched to another puppet maker and reordered as I had a definate idea of how I wanted to use the puppet in my latest painting 'Love That Dares'. As I also wanted to display him as part of  Ted Coney's Family Portraits, last March I asked Simon  to put in a fourth hook  (the other three puppets were already in situ) in the ceiling to hang him from.
It was only on Boxing Day evening that I finally got to open him and once the family has moved out of the guest room, I can display him in his alloted space. You'll be able to see the puppet once I start to post the latest stages of the painting on the NEWS AND REVIEWS page of my website, later next month.
 Happy New Year , by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment