Friday 28 April 2017

A Crab With Dementia

How do you paint a plastic crab with dementia? That's the problem I am experiencing as I start using the objects in my new painting 'Forget-Me-Nots' . 
The picture is about my grandmother and her four sisters in old age and I collected a group of objects to be placed inside the silhouette of each person to represent them.
I am using the objects, all collected from five sea-side towns which I identify with the sisters, to try to convey memories of their lives..
Only sometimes, through memory loss and dementia, one can't always remember what the link with the object was.
How do I convey this in paint? I am trying a few different ways of doing it. The painting will be on my website soon, so you will  be able to judge if I am being successful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment