Friday 7 August 2020

With Amber Eyes

 I've been reading Edmund De Waal's ' The Hair With Amber Eyes' during Lockdown and was struck by how he used an heirloom to write about his family/and world history  over a hundred year period. The netsuke collection - tiny Japanese figurines, were passed from generation to generation, often, in very difficult circumstances.

One of our family heirlooms, a collection of material from 1930s Hollywood isn't nearly so impressive but it does make for an interesting story which I try to show in my painting 'Dear Reginald Owen'.

You can see and hear about it on my Virtual Tour of four  paintings, which is available from my website - www.tedconeysfamilyportraits.co.uk    . http://tinyurl.com/yjasdnu     It costs 99p via Paypal and   all the proceeds will go to NHS Charities Together appeal at the end of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment