Thursday 25 November 2021

An Aversion

 I did my last tour of the season of Ted Coney's Family Portraits last Sunday, (reopening in April 2022). Covid restrictions, which meant having the doors and windows open, made the house to cold to proceed any longer.

However, I felt the tour went well with visitors particularly interested in my painting 'David's Journey', which I produced some thirty years ago. My brother, David had just turned fifty at the time and I wanted to show him on life 's journey. I used Muffin the Mule and his friends to represent David and his family as I felt Muffin was an icon of the 1940s when David was born.

Unfortunately one of my visitors said she had an aversion to puppets but I hope it didn't take away her enjoyment of the picture to much. She did ask to photograph it.

You can see the painting ( and Muffin)   on my latest Instagram and Facebook posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment