Wednesday 2 February 2022

Name The Frame

 I've just sent off my latest finished painting, 'Memento Mori' to be framed. Difficult decisions always have to be made but  influences on the work were Cabinets of Curiosities and Zoom calls!

The painting is made up of nine small canvases, each one representing different strands of the family (you can see it on my latest Instagram and Facebook posts).

Initially I wanted the picture to have the feeling of being in a cabinet rather than just a frame but as lockdown progressed and we saw more of the family on Zoom, I had other ideas.

We always seemed to be viewing nine rectangles on the screen when making calls and this image became stronger

I left it undecided when  the canvases were taken away, so we shall just have to see how it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment