Thursday 23 July 2009

An interesting exhibit

Hi On Thursday mornings I sometimes attend a Business Breakfast in the local hotel. I have found it helpful while launching my, admittedly, tiny business, TED CONEY'S FAMILY PORTRAITS.
We have to talk very briefly about what we are doing and how the business is progressing. Often, people bring products they are selling, or business cards, or both. This morning I was inspired to wheel my old 1940 bicycle into the meeting. No one said anything, but I did get a few raised eyebrows. I explained I had brought it in for two reasons. Firstly, to show that I use it as a marketing tool by advertising the gallery poster from the crossbar and secondly, because it is archive material for two of the paintings.
As well as cycling 800 miles to Scotland for a painting about being 60 (more of that another time) I had used it to cycle from Lincoln to Westminster Abbey for research on my current painting 'Snow Angels and No Angels'. I am not sure they believed me!
Best Wishes Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment