Sunday 17 January 2010

Diamonds in the Attic

Hi I've been assembling all the sketches, photos, artists references etc. that I need to be photographed next week in preparation for the new electronic sketchbook for the reopening of Ted Coney's Family Portraits. Frustratingly, I could not find a set of drawings I made about 17 years ago in preparation for my painting 'Diamonds'. They were of Mr Turnip (to represent my childhood) a T.V. puppet of 1950's drawn in different positions at our old family home in Hull. I went into the attic to try and find the drawings, but no luck. I was convinced they must be there, somewhere, so I went back, taking my spectacles with me. Success! I found them in another folio mixed up with teaching stuff. I have now got material for four of my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment