Saturday 31 July 2010

Three Luckey Strikes

Yesterday was good day. I received a booking for Ted Coney's Family Portraits tomorrow from two ladies in Hertfordshire who came last year and want to bring a friend. They must have enjoyed it! I experimented with my new metal trough I had sent for, to pour the encaustic wax over a practise canvas and it worked well. Or at least it would have done if I hadn't tried to do it twice. This is for my current painting TEA FOR TWO and I was able to do some transperent painting over the top to see how the two images (one under the wax and one on top) would work together. I finally got hold of the Weekly News to find I was in two press stories! There was a photo of me with the Morris Minor at the Littleport Show and I got a mention in the article about the London 2012 Open Weekend. They didn't print any of the photos of my Quiz/Trail but you can't have everything. Anyway, everyone did look a bit serious and I looked positively frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment